Block Paving Cleaning & Sealing
Over the last 30 or 40 years block paving has become the popular choice of homeowners when choosing a surface for their driveway or patio. In Hull, Beverley and other parts of East Yorkshire there are literally thousands of homes that have block paved drives and patios.
Block paving can look great when it is first laid down but problems can soon arise if some regular cleaning and maintenance is not carried out. The biggest challenge with block paved surfaces is preventing weeds from growing through the sand filled joints between the pavers. This can be particularly challenging with certain types of block paving that have very wide sand filled gaps between the blocks.
We can help cut down on general maintenance of block paving by pressure cleaning the surface, removing any weed growth as well as being able to apply protective block paving sealers. Sealing the block paving after it has been pressure washed will protect it from colour loss as well as making it resistant to oil stains and other contaminants.
The block paving cleaning process in East Yorkshire is as follows:
- Pre-treatment of oil and grease stains
- Apply weedkiller if necessary and leave for a week
- Clean block paving using a high powered pressure cleaner
- Leave the block paving to dry off over a 3-5 day period
- Re-sand the drive or patio with kiln dry sand
- Apply block paving sealer for long term protection